whatsapp

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Subtotal: Rs.0.00

Human foods that are dangerous for your dog.

Resisting the urge to feed your dog from your plate is not easy, especially when he is right there staring at you with his adorable hopeful puppy eyes. But wait before you give in. The majority of the food that we eat can be harmful to your friend. Below is a list of such food.

 

 

 

#1.  Chocolate. 

Yeah that's right, your favorite dessert is not so good for your friend, in fact, it can cause from vomiting to dehydration and even death if consumed in large quantities. Chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine which falls under the methylxanthines category. The darker the chocolate, the more methylxanthines it contains, and the more dangerous it is for your pet. 

 

 

 

#2.  Onions and Garlic.

 

Onions and garlic are used in the majority of the Indian cuisine but they are not so good for your dog. Both onion and garlic are toxic to your dog that can cause damage to his red blood cells. Though it's not dangerous in small amount it can be devastating in large quantities. Making him sluggish and lethargic. He might even require a blood transfusion to remedy the situation. 

 

 

 

#3.  Grapes and raisins.

The research is still going on, as to what exactly makes the grapes and raisins extremely lethal for a dog, but they contain compounds that are deadly for him. The consumption of these can cause vomiting, diarrhea, lazy behavior and even rapid kidney failure in extreme cases. Take your dog immediately to the vet, as it can result in death if not taken up prompt treatment. 

 

 

#4.  Milk and cheese.

As hard as it can be to believe, milk and cheese can be dangerous to your little friend. Though all pups are raised on the mother's milk some of the dogs grow up, to become lactose intolerant. They lack the enzymes to process Lactose, which is a natural sugar found in milk. If your pal is lactose intolerant he might suffer from vomiting, diarrhea, and serious stomach disorders in a long run.  

 

 

#5.  Xylitol.

Last yet the most lethal of all is Xylitol, this artificial sweetener can be extremely lethal for your dog. Xylitol is a sweetener used in chewing gum and other forms of products which require artificial sweeteners. Though it is approved for humans it can be life-threatening for pets, so much that a little pup only requires to eat one chewing gum to reach the toxic level.